Friday 6 June 2014

I Vows To Bring Ombatse Militia,& Thei Sponsors To Book--Al-Makura

The Governor of Nasarawa State Umaru Al-Makura on Thursday vowed to bring to book, members of the Ombatse militia and their sponsors over the killing of innocent lives and destruction of property in the state.

Al-Makura, who stated this in Lafia during a press briefing, promised not to relent until justice was done.
READ MORE STORY

“We will go through the right process and make sure whoever is involved, even if you have immunity, we will wait for the period of the immunity to expire and then, we will get back to you”.

He said his administration is committed to bringing to book people who have given the entire citizens of the state sleepless night.

It would be recalled that the Ombatse militia killed a combined team of over 100 policemen and State Security Service operatives in an ambush last year as they were going to the sect’s base in Alakyo, Nasarawa State, to dislodge them.

The most challenging thing, Gov. Al-Makura said, was how to deal with “these criminals”.

“How I stand up to Ombatse is my biggest challenge and no matter how they run, no matter how highly placed is their leaders, I must bring them to book.

“If that is the only thing I will do, I will do it so that I can give my people some kind of sense of peace, sense of protection and sense of security.

“If these people are thinking they are going to destabilise me or unsettle me by this sporadic criminal activities, attacking innocent people, innocent tribes, will weaken my nerves; that will strengthen my nerve.

“I am here first and foremost as governor to ensure that every citizen of this state is protected; that is my most important responsibility”, he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

sharethis